It's Graduation Day


There is something about a graduation that induces nostalgia from a long gone era. I guess it’s the manner in which you look towards the future: everything appears so simple and it seems that you can conquer the world. 

A friend's nephew was graduating from the University of Maryland and requested a graduation cake that reflects the optimism a graduate often feels as well as the happiness that envelopes the whole family. I decided that a starburst cake was a perfect cake for the occasion. 

Since this was going to be my second cake, I was a bit apprehensive as this cake was going to be at a graduation party. So i was going to be meticulous to a fault. Although the pearl border took me forever, I think the end result of the cake turned out great.









Comments

Popular Posts