Minnie Mouse to Almost Princess?

So my Christian Witness goddaughter was turning 4 in a few days and I needed to bake a cake. In my usual fashion, I walked around for a few days with a mental list of ideas in my head of what I envisioned a four-year old girl would like and soon decided on pink Minnie Mouse cake. A bit obvious in my book, but hey what child doesn’t like a Minnie Mouse?

I envisoned a two-tier cake with flowers and/or ruffles on the first tier, some dots on the second tier, and a Minnie Mouse topper to complete the look. Making the Minnie Mouse topper wasn't as hard as I thought it would be: I painstakingly molded her high-heeled shoes, polka dotted dress and bow. All, in all, I thought she looked fabulous despite the large head I had given her. But I wasn't going to be deterred by a swollen head. After all, I have had one or two in the past. 😏

Since the Minnie Mouse topper was complete, I started the fun part: decorating the cake. Using a flower cutter, I made simple flowers and added a white bud to the center of the flower. I then applied the fondant flowers to the cake with water. Once the first tier was complete, I decided that a dots and minnie mouse topper wouldn't really go well with the overall look of the cake and a tiara would have been better. So the cake was almost a princess cake but not quite. 

























TIP: The flowers need to be made about two hours in advance so they have some flexibility but still retain their shape. 

Comments

Popular Posts