Everything is better with Unicorns

There is just something about unicorns that makes one feel all nice and fuzzy inside. It's simply magical.

A close personal friend’s daughter was turning the BIG 1-0 in a few days and she wanted a unicorn cake to go with her unicorn themed birthday. I must say when she asked for a unicorn cake, my eyes filled with horror: would I have to carve a stallion in the likes of Seabiscuit?  The only carving I had ever done was to create a Mickey Mouse car but unicorn seemed totally out of my league.


To still my beating heart, I did a quick Google search for unicorn cakes and what I found eased my beating heart. Apparently, there is a unicorn cake trend and the cake simply consists of a mane of piped rosettes in different pastel colors, a gold horn, gold ears and saucy eyelashes. 

I think the cake looked simply magical in the end. 








Comments

Popular Posts