A Glow in the Dark Cake

Kaira was turning the BIG 1-0 and her mum was going to surprise her by having a glow in the dark party and of course she wanted a glow in the dark cake to complete her vision. Now I must say I have come a long way in the past seven months, I have carved, stacked and doweled cakes.  I have done things to cakes that I didn’t think I could do.  And with each cake bake, my confidence has grown: A Ninjago Lloyd cake, I can hack that. Oh! The Places You’ll Go Cake, I can hack that. A Mickey Mouse Roadster Cake, I can hack that; but a glow in the dark cake, can I hack that?

In my usual fashion, I turned to my trusted YouTube to find a glow in the dark cake tutorial and to my utter surprise I couldn’t find one. I found some interesting videos on YouTube, but no glow in the dark tutorial using fondant. Usually at this time, I begin to panic but hey I still believed I could pull it off. So I read lots of interesting blogs and after a couple of weeks, I stumbled onto Rolkem Lumo Edible Dust. It can be added to fondant to make it glow under black light. I was so excited that I quickly ordered some from Etsy. 

While I waited for my order to arrive, I tried to imagine what type of cake I would make. A paint splatter cake seemed to be the trend with glow in the dark parties but Kaira wanted flowers in pink and purple. So I took a chance and decided to make a cake with flowers all around.


Let it glow, let it glow and indeed it Glowed.





A Glow in the Dark Cake, I can definitely hack that.






Comments

Popular Posts